Friday, November 20, 2009

Have I got a life changing tip for you!!!!

LIFE CHANGING TIP : well it is maybe not LIFE changing, but it will save you time money and a lot of elbow grease...
When I first heard this I was like ok I will give it a try. If it doesnt work all I am out is an ounce or so of Dawn Dishsoap and some vinegar... OH you heard it right...
SO here is the recipe:

1 part DAWN dishwashing liquid (it said Dawn but I don't know if others work but DAWN does)
5 parts Vinegar
water

so mix those ingredients into a spray bottle. Go to your soap scum and say GOOD BYE it has been nice having you as a guest but you are outta here... seriously... Spray it on wait a few hours, spray again... then wait a little longer *I waited overnight* and then got turn on your shower or whatever and with a rag gently wipe away the soap scum! While you are waiting you can toss all those other soap scum cleaners because you will never need or want to use them agian...Now if you have bad soap scum it may take a day or two of this process.. my mom had to do this a couple times.NO LIE it is amazing to watch it just slid off... I promise if you have soap scum.. anywhere spray this one and go..
It should replace your "daily shower spray" I use it when I get out of the shower and my husband doesnt, but really it doesnt matter because I believe once a week is enough.. but you will never scrub your shower or bathtub again...

FURTHER TIPS for ya...
1. use a scented Dawn I used the Apple and it helps with the smell of vinegar..
2. get over the vinegar smell because it is worth it
3. used the clear distilled vinegar not any other...

I hope you try this because it works on all the surfaces that may have soap scum the shower door, the walls the fawcet whatevea.. Seriously don't delay like I did. JUST TRY IT ASAP!

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness, aren't you the sweetest and quietest ever a good person would wanna be! THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for the beautiful happy birthday blurb on the PS message board. I often forget to go in there (that's probably why my scrapping stinks lol!). You are so sweet and I am so honored that you did that nice little message. YOU made my day, thank you! Lots of hugs, Terry Oh...I'm definitely going to try this soap scum removal since I use Dawn anyway; good grief I hate soap scum. Thanks! And yes, I just love that scenery - I remembered as soon as I saw it...serenity....

    ReplyDelete